• Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain
• Women are more likely to have been treated for a mental health problem than men
• Fishing is the most popular hobby in the UK
• 30% of all GP visits in the UK concern mental health problems
• Mental health problems cost the UK economy more than crime – almost 100 Billion pounds
• 543 Britons visited A and E in the last 2 years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.
• Depression is the leading cause of disability in the world
• People in a poor physical condition are more likely to suffer from mental health problems
• Doctors are less likely to diagnose Men with Depression than Women.
• In 2006 the British public donated a total of £20m to donkey sanctuaries.
• 75% of suicides in the UK are by Men